Energy Savings Opportunity Scheme (ESOS)
EU driven ESOS is a mandatory compliance scheme for large businesses and organizations.
Anthesis has worked with over 50 organizations to gain compliance with ESOS Phase 1 and have an excellent track record of delivering comprehensive and cost effective solutions. Our expertise in providing robust energy efficiency measures allows us to go beyond simply ticking a box and makes the most of the ESOS opportunity.
The deadline for ESOS Phase 2 is 5th December 2019. In order to comply, a 12 month period of energy consumption covering the qualification date of the 31st December 2018 is required for review. This means that you can ensure early compliance by starting to collate consumption data from January 2018 onwards.
We work with you to find the fastest and most suitable route to compliance, and we’ll project manage the entire program so you can focus on your business operations. Contact us to kick off your pain free ESOS compliance process.
Over 10,000 businesses, charities and trusts in the UK are eligible for ESOS. There are some exceptions but the primary inclusion criteria applies to all UK enterprises that:
- Employ over 250 people
- Have an annual turnover in excess of €50m (£35m)
- Have a balance sheet in excess of €43m (£30m)
If your business is eligible, compliance is mandatory and must be met by 5th December 2019 deadline. With a 12 month period of energy consumption, covering 31st December 2018, required. The Environment Agency has the power to issue fines of £50,000 for failure to comply.
What do you need to do?
If you choose to achieve compliance with Sustain, we will do all the legwork meaning it’s business as usual for you. Our qualified ESOS Lead Assessors will:
- Conduct an assessment of your energy use.
- Recommend appropriate energy efficiency measures to reduce consumption.
- Walk you through the process of notifying compliance to the Environment Agency.
We have a number of in-house ESOS Lead Assessors, allowing us to achieve compliance quickly and with the minimum of fuss.
Our approach to ESOS
- Initial discussion and research – allowing us to understand your goals around energy consumption.
- Conduct detailed audits to identify where your energy use can be improved
- Create a cost-effective ESOS compliant strategy tailored to your needs
- Prepare a clear business case for any recommended investments
- Submission of compliance
- Install energy efficiency measures*
- Monitor and report progress*
*This is an added service and will incur additional costs
What our Clients have said
“We selected Sustain [part of the Anthesis Group] because of their competitive pricing and knowledgeable staff, who gave us confidence in their energy expertise.”
– Patrick Griffiths, Commercial Director at Nagel Langdons
“From initial contact through to final sign off the service we have received from Sustain [part of the Anthesis Group] has been fantastic – Incredibly helpful and patient, they have guided us through this process expertly.”
– Catherine Dix – CSR Manager for Euromonitor International
“From Sustain’s [part of the Anthesis Group] first visit to their final report, we always felt well informed about what was happening. The audits they carried out were appropriate to the areas where we use energy and their reports were easy to read with clear outcomes so we can now move forward to implementation. Overall, the support received from Sustain gave us the confidence that we were in control and easily able to comply with ESOS by the submission deadline.”
– Carrianne Freeman, The St Monica Trust