There are approximately 100,000–200,000 different chemical substances (including polymers) traded between businesses and in our everyday products. Around 200 of these have already been identified by global regulatory schemes as Substances of Concern; in the next 10 years, this figure will likely rise to 2,000. Most organizations buy chemicals – either directly or within products – and so it is crucial to understand your compliance responsibilities and the associated risks of non-compliance.
Transparency around chemicals in supply chains is a significant challenge and, if you deal with products in different jurisdictions, this can be made more challenging still due to different prioritizations and timescales. Anthesis has over 15 years’ experience in offering a wide range of chemical management services and solutions to support organizations working across the globe
Our approach and services
Our approach is based on deep subject matter expertise with a combination of industry and government experience to implement approaches that deliver meaningful and lasting environmental, social, and economic benefits.
- Direct consulting services to support companies in chemical, and related, supply chains
- Classifying substances and mixtures to local jurisdictional implementation of GHS
- Safety Data Sheet authoring service, or review and maintenance services
- Only Representative services for North American companies trading in Europe, and those companies trading with, and/ or in, the European Economic Area
- Third Party Representative services to support companies in the chemical, and related, supply chains » Compliance auditing from the perspective of chemical legislation, such as REACH and other REACH-like systems
- Identifying precise substance definitions as required by regulations such as REACH and other REACH-like systems
- Support with the identification of and compliance with global food contact requirements
- Transport of Dangerous Goods – provision of training and support services for the supply and consignment of dangerous goods by road, air and sea
- Characterizing complex substances, such as substances of Unknown, Variable, Complex or Biological composition (UVCBs)
- Europe: CLP notifications, PPORD and REACH Registration dossiers for joint and lead registrants, together with consultancy services for substances subject to REACH Evaluation and Authorization
- US: developing management strategies for State reporting and other product characterization for the supply chain, including retailers and architects, support with Proposition 65 and managing Pre-manufacturing Notifications under the Toxic Substance Control Act (TSCA)
Would you like someone from our team to get in touch with you about this topic?: