Annual Environment, Health & Safety compliance assurance program in the waste electronics sector – download our case study here
Our client, a global technology provider and manufacturer, was looking for transparency and understanding of their downstream recyclers’ chain in order to assess their recyclers’ compliance with relevant corporate policies, EHS legislation and corporate social responsibility (CSR) standards on international, national and local levels.
Anthesis designed and implemented and currently manages an EHS and CSR compliance assurance program to support the efforts of our client towards understanding and obtaining transparency of the EHS compliance situation within its downstream waste recycling supply chain globally. At present the program includes more than 180 recyclers worldwide.
Key services delivered
• Tracking of electronic waste materials, particularly those containing hazardous substances through the whole recycling process from collection through to their full recycling or final disposal.
• Review of the waste and EHS management system and auditing process of the recycling partner and assessment of their recycling capabilities.
• Assessment of information provided by each recycling partner though an online system. Publicly available data regarding the vendor is also collected and reviewed.
• Undertaking a detailed walkthrough of the individual recyclers to verify the nature of their operations, and identify potential compliance risks and liabilities.
• Review of the downstream vendor documentation by each recycler.
• Development of a report highlighting EHS and CSR compliance risks for each recycler.
• Monitoring and tracking of findings and associated corrective actions requests via an online system.
Key project outputs
• Development, implementation and management of a global compliance assurance program covering all downstream electronic waste recycling vendors until the full recycling / disposal of the waste fraction.
• Identification of recycling partners with sufficient level of compliance to satisfy the minimum EHS and CSR requirements of the client.
• Benchmarking of the various electronic waste recyclers and their waste management practices against recognised guidelines and industry certifications.
For further information, please contact Angela Kavakova at Angela.Kazakova@anthesisgroup.com.