Anthesis operations in Germany currently trade under UMR GmbH. Our team is made up of environmental and sustainability specialists delivering cutting edge operational support to global clients such as Technip, Holcim and CAT. The team also helps many medium-sized businesses in various industries, especially in the manufacturing and automotive supply chains. We can help you with core environmental, health and safety (EHS), transaction (environmental due diligence) and remediation strategy design (soil and groundwater as well as building contaminants) services.
The Anthesis German team has deep subject matter expertise in environmental and sustainability issues. We combine this with pan-European linguistics skills and a thorough understanding of environmental agendas, policies, regulations and cultural issues throughout the entire continental European region. The result? World-class consulting advice, with a local twist. Our European consultants deliver successful global programs of work across the region. Working in multicultural teams, we have extensive experience in supporting businesses and public organizations alike. We’ll help you understand your responsibilities and communicate outcomes in clear, non-technical language.
SERVICES WE PROVIDE
Environmental Health and Safety (EHS)
- Program design, implementation and monitoring
- Compliance management and auditing
- Management systems (ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, ISO 50001)
- Regulatory analysis and support
- Permit management and support
- Regulatory liaison
- Training and capacity building
- Phase 1 EHS and technical due diligence
- Phase 2 subsurface investigations and building contaminants surveys
- Environmental liability and risk assessments
- Contaminated site management, including remediation strategy and design
Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS)
Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) risk compliance and management forms a key part of our services across the globe. We develop and deliver EHS compliance programs and management systems for Corporates of various industry sectors on both a regional and global scale.
We are currently working with a global manufacturer of consumer electronics to develop, implement and manage a global EHS and CSR compliance assurance program of their downstream supply chain in 20+ countries across the EMEA and APAC regions.
We particularly focus on the recycling of electrical and electronic waste (WEEE), including detailed onsite audits and assessment of suitability of recycling partners. This includes an ongoing compliance assurance program targeted to benchmark all downstream vendors’ waste management practices.
Another challenging project is the implementation of an EHS compliance and assurance program on behalf of a global manufacturer of communication systems and equipment. This includes detailed on site EHS compliance audits against local, regional and national legislation as well as industry best practices and corporate policies at more than 20sites in countries in the Americas, EMEA and APAC regions incl. Mexico, UK, Germany, China and Australia among others. The program allows the corporate EHS team to understand the current EHS status at their global facilities and the need for support or improvements in certain areas on a local or global scale.
With regards to transaction services we are working on diverse Environmental Due Diligence projects – from supporting buyers and vendors alike during large real estate transactions, to quantifying the potential environmental liabilities and risks associated with purchasing industrial facilities – ultimately supporting our clients throughout the transaction process both on a local and global scale.
Some recent examples of our work includes:
- Assessing the environmental liabilities associated with the potential sale of a portfolio of galvanic operations across Europe to obtain international investment and support international expansion of the business
- Supporting a Chinese manufacturer in the purchase of a German electronics and software manufacturer, in order for them to expand further into the European market
- Providing environmental and technical due diligence services in the selling process of a portfolio of several polyurethane manufacturing sites to address potential liabilities and capital expenditure requirements.
UMR GmbH – German Office / Deutsche Niederlassung
Registered Office / Sulzbacher Str. 70, 90489 Nuremberg, Germany
Phone / Telefon: +49 (0)911 94637 73
Legal Form / Rechtsform: GmbH
Company Name / Firmenname: UMR Gesellschaft für Umweltmanagement und Risiko-Service mbH
Managing Director / Geschäftsführer: Dr. Jörg Bentlage, MBA
Register Court / Registergericht: AG Nürnberg, HRB 19538
VAT No. / USt ID Nr.: DE221560234